With Bonfire Night celebrations imminent, we thought we’d do our bit and share one of our favourite recipes with you!
Our Butternut Squash and Sweet Chestnut soup is a seasonal and surefire winner if you’re entertaining friends and family on November 5th (though of course equally delicious on other dates too!), so do try it out; it’s very simple to prepare, and mouthwatering to boot!
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 tins of Sweet Chestnut Puree
- 1 teaspoon of Madras curry paste
- 1 small carton of double cream
- 1 veggie stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Peel the squash and cut into cubes, then add to 1 ½ litres stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the 2 tins of chestnut puree, the sugar, and the curry paste.
- Boil for 15 mins. Liquidise the soup and add back to pan.
- Add cream, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave to cool and the refridgerate until needed (it’s much better the next day!).
- Top with toasted sunflower seeds and serve with hot bread.