Thursday 22nd June, 2017
Terms and Conditions
- SJI Food and Service require conformation of any booking in writing with a non-returnable deposit of £300.00. This is usually our completed and signed booking form.
- A quotation by SJI Food and Service does not constitute an offer and the company reserves the right to withdraw or amend menus and pricing at any time prior to the company acceptance of the customer deposit and booking form being completed, if the client requests a new quote after this time a new pricing structure may apply.
- All of the food section of the invoice must be cleared funds 14 days before the function. The client must pay the remainder (with any variances) the day before the event, or latest prior to delivery on the day. Any other invoices are to be paid fully within 7 days of the function. We may choose to use a Logistics company to provide some of our services, these terms and conditions apply, but payments may be split into two parts, and payment made to the Logistics Company.
- Cancellation charges will be made as follows: Within 14 days of the function the client will be invoiced 50% of all the costs. Within 72 hours the client is liable for and will be charged for 100% of the menu charges plus supplier cancellation charges.
Any Charges levied by the clients venue, must be paid by the client.
- A minimum of 30 covers for all menus. Final numbers are required fourteen days prior to any function and will be invoiced accordingly, this number and corresponding final payment can only go up after this point. Quotes are provided for a minimum number.
- The client will be responsible for any breakages and /or losses not incurred by SJI Food and Service and will be liable for them, and invoiced at their current replacement costs after the event
- The client will indemnify SJI Food and Service against any damage sustained to client’s property in the course of performing their services.
- Should SJI Food and Service find it necessary to change any ingredients or product on the menu ,we reserve the right to do so. All our recipes may contain traces of nuts.
- Staff are to be paid direct by the client prior to/on the day of the function.
- We will not serve any food that has not been prepared by us unless formally agreed in writing prior to the event taking place.
- The client will be charged 5% of their invoice, every 7 days the invoice is overdue.
- We reserve the right to cancel supply of food or services with no refund at any time if the client is deemed to have behaved in an abusive or inappropriate manner towards any member of staff.
- The client is responsible for supplying the correct amount of power, (Not Domestic extension leads) potable water, lighting and weather protection to any event for us to work in safely, especially under canvass.
- A qualified Electrician must be on call for the duration of our presence at the event, when in a marquee and a generator is being used.
- It is the clients responsibility to inform us of any legal or otherwise documentation requirements 3 months prior to the event.
- Clients must inform SJI Food and Service of any problems arising with service of the product on the day of the event.
- All hire must be checked within 6 hours of delivery to the clients site, where upon any missing, faulty or broken items will be replaced. After this time all delivered items will be paid for in full.
- The Client will be invoiced after the event for lost, broken or mislaid items.
- Except for pay bars provided, any alcohol is provided by, and is the responsibility of, the client. SJI may act solely as an agent in the sourcing – purchased using clients money upfront of any event. Depending upon the event venue, paybars may require a Temporary Event Notice notification to local authority which SJI can manage on behalf of the client. Paybars are run by a qualified Personal Licence Holder supporting local authority Licensing objectives.
- It will be necessary to charge for prepping, cooking, serving and heating equipment if these are not adequate at the venue of your choice, ie Marquee, village halls, private properties.
- SJI reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time.